Continent of Ego-Blogs: Use Case – svenblogt.de
In the blogosphere, the continent Ego-blog refers to blogs that contain personal posts about the blogger’s daily life. Bloggers share their life experiences and knowledge of an enormous range of subjects. This category represents the archetype of blogs and the example chosen to illustrate the characteristics of this category, svenblogt.de (see Fig. 7.1), is a very good example of an Ego-blog from Germany. According to our genre classification in Sect. 2.5.1 this can be categorized as a Travelblog. Thousands of blogs are written about travel related topics and selecting a good one to illustrate what is possible within such a blog is an important and complicated decision. In svenblogt.de, the author Sven Hennig shares his knowledge and experiences while traveling the world. We selected this blog because it is a very clearly written and well researched blog focusing on an important topic which almost all of us can relate to.
- [Bat14]Bates, Tonia. 2014. Travel bloggers and the serious leisure perspective: Who do they think they are? Dissertation; Supervisor: Van Windikle, Christine; Oct 2014; FGS-Electronic Theses & DissertationsGoogle Scholar
- [CRV14]Chandralal, Lalith, Jennifer Rindfleish, and Fredy Valenzuela. 2014. An application of travel blog narratives to explore memorable tourism experiences. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research (ahead-of-print): 1–14.Google Scholar
- [KHLC13]Kwan, Elizabeth, Pei-Ling Hsu, Jheng-He Liang, and Yi-Shin Chen. 2013. Event identification for social streams using keyword-based evolving graph sequences. In Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE/ACM international conference on advances in social networks analysis and mining, Niagara, 450–457. ACM.Google Scholar
- [SRP14]Sun, Minghui, Chris Ryan, and Steve Pan. 2014. Using chinese travel blogs to examine perceived destination image: The case of New Zealand. Journal of Travel Research 2014: 0047287514522882.Google Scholar
- [TTH14]Ting, Kuo-Chang, Ping-Ho Ting, and Po-Wen Hsiao. 2014. Why are bloggers willing to share their thoughts via travel blogs? International Journal of Technology Management 64(1): 89–108.Google Scholar
- [VOFA13]Valls, Josep-Francesc, Alfredo Ouro, Daniela Freund, and María José Andrade. 2013. Analysis of social media platforms and their potential value for the tourism industry. Available online http://www.tsi.url.edu/img/user/content/file/3153_223.pdf. Accessed March 9, 2015.