Impacts of Travel Cost on Taxi Transport Demand and its Policy Alternatives
With the development of China’s economy, the trip volume of urban taxi and traveling demands rise rapidly. In this paper, based on the taxi price adjustment of Beijing, from the perspective of economic behavior choice of pedestrians, through the cost-demand equilibrium and the break-even analyze the travel cost on taxi. The analysis shows that the adjustments of the taxi price related factors have different influence on the taxi traffic demand. Thus it puts forward the targeted taxi traffic demand management policy recommendations.
KeywordsTravel cost Taxi road haul TDM Policy alternative
This paper is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation (No. 71103014).
- Junlai M (2006) Study on spatial optimization of resources city road traffic facilities. Southeast University, Nanjing. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Saleh W (2007) Success and failure of travel demand management: is congestion changing the way forward. Transp Res Part A: Policy Pract. 41(7):611–614Google Scholar
- Statistical Bureau of Beijing City (2006, 2012, 2013) Beijing statistical yearbook. China Statistics Press, Beijing (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang J (2010) Transportation society: how to deal with the ten relations of city traffic–interview record with Chang’an University transportation information engineering institute director Duan Liren. Compr Transp 17(9):82–88. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zheng X-Q (2012) Impacts of travel cost on transport demand and its policy alternatives. J Beijing Jiao tong Univ 11(1):5–11. (in Chinese)Google Scholar