Supplying the Modeling Project with Competent Modeling Experts
Human knowledge and competence is a critical resource for achieving the goals of EM. In particular, the competency of the modeling expert is a critical resource in EM application. Modeling experts are responsible for the effective adoption of a chosen method and for the project to reach its goals using the assigned resources. In this chapter, the necessary competency of experts in a modeling project is described. This includes competency related to modeling, competency related to managing EM projects and competency related to the different purposes of EM.
KeywordsModeling Language Domain Expert Modeling Project Enterprise Architecture Modeling Practitioner
- Persson A (2001) Enterprise modelling in practice: situational factors and their influence on adopting a participative approach. Ph.D. thesis, Department of Computer and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University, ISSN 1101–8526Google Scholar
- Persson A, Stirna J (2010) Towards defining a competence profile for the enterprise modeling practitioner. In: The 3rd IFIP WG8.1 working conference on the practice of enterprise modelling (PoEM2010), Delft, The Netherlands, November 2010, Springer, Berlin, HeidelbergGoogle Scholar
- Stirna J, Persson A (2008) An enterprise modeling approach to support creativity and quality in information systems and business development. In: Halpin T, Krogstie J, Proper E (eds) Innovations in information systems modeling: methods and best practices. IGI Global, Hershey, Pennsylvania. ISBN 978-1-60566-278-7Google Scholar
- Wesenberg H (2011) Enterprise modeling in an agile world. In: Johannesson P, Krogstie J, Opdahl AL (eds) Proc PoEM 2011, vol 92, LNBIP. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp 126–130Google Scholar
- Zavala A, Hass BH (2008) The art and power of facilitation: running powerful meetings. Management Concepts Inc., Vienna, VA. ISBN 9781567262124Google Scholar