Analysis and Construction of Uniformly Compact Production Correspondences
According to our point of view, the complexity of a technology set is in general prohibitive for its global and at the same time transparent description. But while the technology set as a whole may be highly complex, it may have constituent parts which have a relatively simple structure and which allow for descriptions by quite transparent production models. Following this line of thought, a closer analysis of the question as to how the production of the whole technology set relates to the production models of the parts would be very rewarding.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Afriat, S.N.: Production Duality and the von Neumann Theory of Growth and Interest. Meisenheim am Glan 1974.Google Scholar
- Bourbaki, N.: General Topology, Part 1. Paris 1966.Google Scholar
- Diewert, W.E., and C Parkan: Linear Programming Tests of Regularity Conditions for Production Functions. Quantitative Studies on Production and Prices. Würzburg-Wien 1982 (this volume).Google Scholar
- Färe, R.: Efficiency and Production Function. Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie 35, 1975, 317–324.Google Scholar
- Rockafellar, R.T.: Convex Analysis. Princeton, N.J., 1970.Google Scholar
- Shephard, R. W.: Theory of Cost and Production Functions. Princeton, N.J., 1970.Google Scholar