Soft Decision Decoding
In a digital communication system with one level of coding (modulation-demodulation), Figure 1, it is natural to design the demodulator to make hard decisions in such a way that the probability of symbol error is minimized.
KeywordsLinear Code Block Code Parity Check Code Word Cyclic Code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Massey, J.L., Coding and demodulation in digital communication, Proceedings of the International Zurich Seminar on Digital Communication, Switzerland, 1974.Google Scholar
- 2.Massey, J.L., Error bounds for tree codes, trellis codes, and convolutional codes with encoding and decoding procedures, in Coding and Complexity, CISM courses and lectures No. 216, Longo, G., Springer-Verlag, Vienna, 1975, 2.Google Scholar
- 3.Forney, G.D., Jr., Concatenated Codes, M.I.T. Research Monograph No. 37, The M.I.T. Press, Cambridge, 1966.Google Scholar
- 6.Rudolph, L.D., Hartmann, C.R.P., Hwang, T.Y. and Duc, N.Q., Algebraic analog decoding of linear binary codes, accepted for publication in the IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. Copyright © by IEEE.Google Scholar
- 10.CNR, Incorporated, demod/decoder integration, RADC final technical report on Contract F30602–76-C-0361, 1978.Google Scholar