Two New Robust Methods for Time Series
We illustrate our method with a simple time series structural model approach. However, the general approach applies to more sophisticated structural and ARIMA models. This modelling approach is a generalization of the Gaussian mixture modeling of Harrison and Stevens (1976), Smith and West (1983), and West and Harrison (1989).
KeywordsAutocorrelation Argentina Aires
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bruce and Martin (1992). “Tree Based Robust Bayesian Estimation of Time Series Structural Models.” Univ. of Washington, Department of Statistics.Google Scholar
- Dempster, A.P., Laird, N.M., and Rubin, D.B. (1977). “Maximum likelihood from incomplete data via the EM algorithm.” Jour. Roy. Statist Soc., Series B., 39(1):1–38.Google Scholar
- Harvey, A. (1989). Forecastin, structural time series models and the Kaiman filter. Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge.Google Scholar
- Harrison, P.J. and Stevens, C.F. (1976). “Bayesian Forecasting” Journal of the Roy. Statist. Soc., Series B, 38:205–247.Google Scholar
- Martin, R.D. and Yohai, V.J. (1992). “Highly robust estimation of autoregressions”. Technical Report, Dept. of Statistics, Univ. of Washington, Seattle, WA.Google Scholar