Prenatal Sex-Chromatin and Chromosome Analysis
Prenatal chromosome analysis from cells of the amniotic fluid has received a considerable amount of publicity during the past two years despite the fact that the scientific literature contains reports of only four successful cases.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bonsnes, R. W.: Composition of amniotic fluid, in Amniotic Fluid. F. Fuchs, ed. Clin. Obstet. Gynec. 9:440, 1968.Google Scholar
- Bone, A., C. Hannoun, J. Bone, and S. Plotkin: Cytological, virological and chromosomal studies of cell strains from aborted human fetuses. Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. 122: 11, 1966.Google Scholar
- Culling, C. F. A.: Staining affinities and cytochemical properties of the sex chromatin. In The Sex Chromatin. K. L. Moore, ed. Philadelphia: W. B. Saunders Co., 1966.Google Scholar
- Fuchs, F.: Genetic information from amniotic fluid constituents, in Amniotic Fluid. F. Fuchs, ed. Clin. Obstet. Gynec. 9:565, 1966.Google Scholar
- Geneva Conference, 1966. Standardization of procedures for chromosome studies in abortion. Bull. Wld. Hlth. Org. 34:765, 1966; also in Cytogenetics 5: 361, 1966.Google Scholar
- Klinger, H. P.: Morphological characteristics of the sex chromatin, in The Sex Chromatin. K. L. Moore, ed. Philadelphia: W. B. Saunders Co., 1966.Google Scholar
- Race, R. R.: Identification of the origin of the X chromosome (s) in sex chromosome aneuploidy. Canad. J. Genet. Cytol. VII: 214, 1965.Google Scholar
- Rus, P., and F. Fuchs: Sex chromatin and antenatal sex diagnosis, in The Sex Chromatin. K. L. Moore, ed. Philadelphia: W. B. Saunders Co., 1966.Google Scholar
- Saling, E.: Amnioscopy, in Amniotic Fluid. F. Fuchs, ed. Clin. Obstet. Gynec. 9:472, 1966.Google Scholar
- Serr, D. M., L. Sachs, and M. Dannon: The diagnosis of sex before birth using cells from the amniotic fluid (a preliminary report). Bull. Res. Counc. Israel 5B: 137, 1955.Google Scholar
- Stanbury, J. B., J. B. Wyngaarden, and D. S. Fredrickson: Muscular dystrophies, p. 947, in The Metabolic Basis of Inherited Disease. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1965.Google Scholar
- Steele, M. W., and W. R. Breg: Chromosome analysis of human amniotic fluid cells. Lancet 1: 353, 1966.Google Scholar