Allorecognition can be considered in many ways as recognition of complexes of (allo) MHC and (allo) peptide. The question remains as to whether the T-cell response against these complexes of MHC and peptide expressed on the cell surface of an allograft displays a diverse character on the basis of T-cell receptor diversity or whether there is indeed selection at the level of the T-cell receptor by antigen-specific T cells.
KeywordsCell Receptor Specificity Tuberculoid Leprosy Cell Receptor Repertoire Myelin Basic Protein Peptide Vander Stoep
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Boitel B, Ermonval M, Panina-Bordignon P et al. Preferential Vß gene usage and lack of junctional sequence conservation among human toxin-derived peptide: Evidence for a dominant role of a germ-line encoded V region in antigen/major histocompatibility complex recognition. J Exp Med. 1992; 175: 765–77.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Hawes GE, Struyk L, Godthelp BC et al. Limited restriction in the aß TCR-aß V region usage of Ag-specific clones: recognition of myelin basic protein (amino acids 84–102) and Mycobacterium bovis 65-kDa heat shock protein (amino acids 3–13) by T cell clones established from peripheral blood mononuclear cells of monozygotic twins and HLA-identical individuals. J Immunol. 1995; 154: 555–66.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 13.Struyk L, Hawes GE, Chatilla MK, Breedveld FC, Kurnick JT and Van den Elsen PJ. T cell receptors in rheumatoid arthritis. Arth & Rheum. 1995, in press.Google Scholar
- 16.Bowness P, Moss PAH, Rowland Jones S et al. Conservation of T cell receptor usage by HLA B27-restricted influenza-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes suggests a general pattern for antigen-specific major histocompatibility complex class I restricted responses. Eur J Immunol. 1993, 23:1417.-21.Google Scholar
- 18.Goulmy E, Pool J, Van den Elsen PJ. Interindividual conservation of TCRBV regions by minor histocompatibility antigen-specific HLA-A*0201restricted CTL clones. Blood 1995, in press.Google Scholar