Decision Support System for R&D Management Problems
multiaspect analysis of the current state-of-the-art and trends in science and technology development;
ormulation of a system of long-range and short-term goals facing science and technology, to meet the needs of society and development of science per se;
selection and all-round evaluation of the research areas contributing to the accomplishment of the goals set, and determination of priority areas;
analysis and estimation of scientific and technological potential, its consistency with the problems solved, determination of the required resources and their allocation to contributors;
R&D coordination with regard to the cross-impact of different disciplines, their contribution to solution of scientific and practical problems;
advancement of research activities, promotion of the formulated policy implementation;
monitoring the scientific policy implementation, evaluation of progress in the goals accomplishment, exercising necessary adjustments.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bellew, R. K. (1985). Evolutionary Decision Support Systems: An Architecture Based on Information Structure. In: Methlie, L. B. and Sprague, R. H. (eds.), Knowledge Representation for Decision Support Systems. North-Holland, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Larichev, O. I., Petrovsky, A. B., Moshkovich, H. M. (1987). Methodological Approaches to the Assessment of Research and Development Activities. Proc. Int. Symp. Planning and Programming of Science and Technology Development, Moscow, March 1986. Institute for System Studies, Moscow.Google Scholar
- Petrovsky, A. B., Sternin, M. Yu., Morgoev, V. K., Putintsev, A. N. (1984). Decision Support System for R&D Forecasting and Planning. Proc. All-Union. Conf. Theory, Methodology and Practice of System Studies. Section 10. Moscow, January 1985. Institute for System Studies, Moscow (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Petrovsky, A. B., Putintsev, A. N., Sternin, M. Yu., Morgoev, V. K., Ostroumova L. M. (1986). Interactive Decision Support System for R&D Coordination Problems. In: Emelyanov, S. V. and Larichev, O. I. (eds.), Systems and Methods of Decision-Making Support. Institute for System Studies, Moscow, (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Sprague R. H. (1980). A Framework for Research on Decision Support Systems. In: Fick, G. and Sprague, R. H. (eds.), Decision Support Systems: Issues and Challenges. Pergamon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar