Decision Support System for R&D Management Problems
multiaspect analysis of the current state-of-the-art and trends in science and technology development;
ormulation of a system of long-range and short-term goals facing science and technology, to meet the needs of society and development of science per se;
selection and all-round evaluation of the research areas contributing to the accomplishment of the goals set, and determination of priority areas;
analysis and estimation of scientific and technological potential, its consistency with the problems solved, determination of the required resources and their allocation to contributors;
R&D coordination with regard to the cross-impact of different disciplines, their contribution to solution of scientific and practical problems;
advancement of research activities, promotion of the formulated policy implementation;
monitoring the scientific policy implementation, evaluation of progress in the goals accomplishment, exercising necessary adjustments.
KeywordsDecision Support System Information Link Information Weight General File Lexical Unit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bellew, R. K. (1985). Evolutionary Decision Support Systems: An Architecture Based on Information Structure. In: Methlie, L. B. and Sprague, R. H. (eds.), Knowledge Representation for Decision Support Systems. North-Holland, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Larichev, O. I., Petrovsky, A. B., Moshkovich, H. M. (1987). Methodological Approaches to the Assessment of Research and Development Activities. Proc. Int. Symp. Planning and Programming of Science and Technology Development, Moscow, March 1986. Institute for System Studies, Moscow.Google Scholar
- Petrovsky, A. B., Sternin, M. Yu., Morgoev, V. K., Putintsev, A. N. (1984). Decision Support System for R&D Forecasting and Planning. Proc. All-Union. Conf. Theory, Methodology and Practice of System Studies. Section 10. Moscow, January 1985. Institute for System Studies, Moscow (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Petrovsky, A. B., Putintsev, A. N., Sternin, M. Yu., Morgoev, V. K., Ostroumova L. M. (1986). Interactive Decision Support System for R&D Coordination Problems. In: Emelyanov, S. V. and Larichev, O. I. (eds.), Systems and Methods of Decision-Making Support. Institute for System Studies, Moscow, (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Sprague R. H. (1980). A Framework for Research on Decision Support Systems. In: Fick, G. and Sprague, R. H. (eds.), Decision Support Systems: Issues and Challenges. Pergamon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar