Analytical Results on Generating Phase-Equivalent Potentials by Supersymmetry: Removal and Addition of Bound States
Applying the techniques of supersymmetric quantum mechanics we determine closed algebraic expressions for potentials that are phase-equivalent with the generalized Pöschl—Teller potential. Among the examples we discuss the elimination of any single bound state, adding a single bound state at specific energies and eliminating the first few bound states. In our work we applied the abstract mathematical formalism developed recently for the modification of the spectrum of potentials without changing the phase shifts, and adapted it to the case of the generalized Pöschl—Teller potential. We discuss the importance of shape invariance in these procedures and comment on the possibility of deriving similar closed formulas for various other potentials.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abramowitz M., Stegun I.A. (1970): Handbook of Mathematical Functions ( Dover, New York).Google Scholar
- Baye D. (1994): in Quantum Inversion Theory and Applications, ed. von Geramb H.V., Lecture Notes in Physics 427 ( Springer, Berlin ) 127Google Scholar
- Baye D., Sparenberg J.-M., Lévai G. (1996): contribution to this conference Ginocchio J.N. (1984): Ann. Phys. (N.Y.) 152, 203Google Scholar
- Gradshteyn I.S., Rhyzik I.M. (1965): Table of Integrals, Series and Products ( Academic, New York )Google Scholar
- Lévai G. (1994): in Quantum Inversion Theory and Applications, ed. von Geramb H.V., Lecture Notes in Physics 427 ( Springer, Berlin ) p. 107Google Scholar
- Sukumar C.V. (1985): J. Phys. A 18, 2917; 2937Google Scholar