Algebraic Coupled-Channels Formalism for Heavy Ions near the Coulomb Barrier
The algebraic coupled-channels formalism based on SO(3,1) symmetry, originally proposed by Alhassid and Iachello (1989) for the description of heavy-ion reactions in the Fraunhofer diffraction regime, appears to be applicable also to reactions in the Fresnel regime, at the cost of some modifications, whose importance increases with decreasing energy and is crucial in the proximity of the Coulomb barrier.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Broglia R. A., Winther A. (1991): Heavy Ion Reactions. ( Addison-Wesley, New York )Google Scholar
- Cseh J. (1996): Algebraic Scattering Theory and Light Heavy-Ion Reactions. these ProceedingsGoogle Scholar
- Lichtenthäler Filho R. (1994): The Algebraic Scattering theory and its Application to Heavy-Ion Reactions, in: Perspectives for the Interacting Boson Model, edited by R.F. Casten et al., 521–528 ( World Scientific, Singapore )Google Scholar
- Pereira D., Ramirez G., Sala O., Chamon L.C., Rocha C.A., Acquadro J.C., Tenreiro (1989): Effect of the Threshold Anomaly on the Fusion Cross Sections for the Systems. Phys. Lett. B 220, 347–350Google Scholar
- Raynal J. (1994): Notes on ECIS94. (unpublished)Google Scholar
- Satchler G.R. (1983): Direct Nuclear Reactions (Clarendon,Oxford)Google Scholar
- Wu J. (1985): Group Theory Approach to Scattering(Ph. D. Thesis, Yale university, unpublished )Google Scholar