You may find the title of the talk intriguing, namely “Particle Detectors and Society”. It looks a little bit like “Arsenic and old lace”. Until you have seen the film you cannot see what is the connexion between the two parts. I was given this title and since then I have been inclined to try to deliver what the organizers wanted to listen to.
KeywordsEurope Arsenic Tritium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. Giomataris, Ph. Rebourgeard, J.P. Robert, G. Charpak, NIM A 376, 29 (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Courtesy of the NA48/2 CollaborationGoogle Scholar
- 3.F. Kunne et al., Nucl. Phys. A 721, 1087C (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.I. Giomataris, J.D. Vergados (Ioannina U.), DAPNIA-03–127. May 2003, 31 ppGoogle Scholar
- 5.Courtesy of Dr. Ducos INSERM, Hˆopital St. Antoine, Paris–FranceGoogle Scholar
- 6.Courtesy of A. Mollat, P. Mitchell, Pfizer–UKGoogle Scholar
- 7.Courtesy of B. Basse-Cathalinat, Bordeaux–FranceGoogle Scholar