You may find the title of the talk intriguing, namely “Particle Detectors and Society”. It looks a little bit like “Arsenic and old lace”. Until you have seen the film you cannot see what is the connexion between the two parts. I was given this title and since then I have been inclined to try to deliver what the organizers wanted to listen to.
KeywordsAnomalous Magnetic Moment Particle Detector Gaseous Detector Drift Chamber Solid State Detector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. Giomataris, Ph. Rebourgeard, J.P. Robert, G. Charpak, NIM A 376, 29 (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Courtesy of the NA48/2 CollaborationGoogle Scholar
- 3.F. Kunne et al., Nucl. Phys. A 721, 1087C (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.I. Giomataris, J.D. Vergados (Ioannina U.), DAPNIA-03–127. May 2003, 31 ppGoogle Scholar
- 5.Courtesy of Dr. Ducos INSERM, Hˆopital St. Antoine, Paris–FranceGoogle Scholar
- 6.Courtesy of A. Mollat, P. Mitchell, Pfizer–UKGoogle Scholar
- 7.Courtesy of B. Basse-Cathalinat, Bordeaux–FranceGoogle Scholar