D-Optimal Designs for Generalized Linear Models
This paper develops some simple methods for obtaining D-optimal designs for generalized linear models with multiple design variables. In some important cases the numerical complexity can be reduced to that of the two parameter case regardless of the original dimension. The form and properties of the obtained D-optimal designs are illustrated and discussed through a few interesting examples.
KeywordsGeneralize Linear Model Optimal Design Design Variable Design Space Point Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fedorov, V.V. (1972) Theory of Optimal Experiments. Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Hall, M. Jr. (1961) Hadamard matrices of order 16, Research Summary, No. 36–10, Vol. 1, pp. 21–26, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California.Google Scholar
- Sibson, R. (1972) Discussion on results in the theory and construction of D-optimum experimental designs (by H.P. Wynn). J. R. Statist. Soc. B, 34, 174–175.Google Scholar
- Sitter, R.R. and Torsney, B. (1992) Optimal designs for binary response experiments with two design variables. Technical Report Series of the Laboratory for Research in Statistics and Probability at Carleton University, Ottawa, No. 210.Google Scholar
- Torsney, B. (1983) A moment inequality and monotonicity of an algorithm. In Proc. Int. Sym. on Semi-infinite Programming and Appl., (Kortanek, K.O. and Fiacco, A.V. eds) at Univ. of Texas, Austin. Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems, 215, 249–260.Google Scholar
- Torsney, B. (1988) Computing optimizing distributions with applications in design, estimation and image processing. Optimal Design and Analysis of Experiments (Edited by Y. Dodge, V. Fedorov, and H.P. Wynn), Elsevier Science Publishers B.V. ( North Holland ), 361–370.Google Scholar
- Torsney, B. and Alahmadi, A.M. (1992) Further development of algorithms for constructing optimizing distributions. Model Oriented Data Analysis. Proceedings of the 2nd IIASA Workshop in St. Kyrik, Bulgaria ( V. Fedorov, W.G. Müller, I.N. Vuchkov, eds) Physica-Verlag, 121–129.Google Scholar
- Torsney, B. and Musrati, A.K. (1993) On the construction of optimal designs with applications to binary response and to weighted regression models. Proceedings of the 3rd Model Oriented Data Analysis Workshop in Petrodvorets, Russia, (W.G. Müller, H.P. Wynn, A.A. Zhigljaysky, Eds) Physica—Verlag, 37–52.Google Scholar