Prediction of Main Channel/Flood Plain Flow Interaction with FEM
Momentum transfer phenomena associated with flows in compound open channels have been studied experimentally by Myers 1972, Rajaratnam 1979, Wormleaton et al 1981 and Prinos and Townsend 1983 among others.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Delleur, J.W. and Sooky, A.A. (1961) “Variational methods in Fluid Dynamics”. Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE, Vol. 87, No. EM6, pp. 1–23.Google Scholar
- Demuren, A.O. (1983) “Prediction of flow in channels with flood plains”. Proceedings of Engineering Mechanics Conference,ASCE, Lafayette, Indiana, Vol. 2, p. 1212–1215.Google Scholar
- Gerard, R. (1974) “Finite Element solution for flow in non-circular conduits”. Journal of Hydraulics Division, ASCE, Vol. 100, No. HY3, pp. 425–441.Google Scholar
- Lamb, H. (1932) “Hydrodynamics”. 6th edition, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, England.Google Scholar
- Prinos, P. and Townsend, D.R. (1983) “Estimating discharge in compound open channels”. Proceedings of 6th Canadian Hydro-technical Conference, Vol. 1, pp. 129–146.Google Scholar
- Prinos, P. (1984) “A study of momentum transfer phenomena in compound sections having differential roughness”. To be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada.Google Scholar
- Radojkovic, M. and Ivetic, M. (1982) “Finite element analysis of momentum transfer in rivers of complex cross section”. Proceedings of 4th Int. Conference on Finite Element in Water Resources, Hannover.Google Scholar
- Rajaratnam, N. and Ahmadi, R.M. (1979) “Interaction between Main Channel and Flood Plain Flows”. Journal of the Hydraulics Division, ASCE, Vol. 105, No. HY5, pp. 573–588.Google Scholar
- Van Driest, E.R. (1956) “On turbulent flow near a wall”. Journal of Aeronautical Science, Vol. 23, pp. 1007–1011.Google Scholar
- Vreugdenhil, C.B. and Wijbenga, J.H.A. (Computation of Flow Patterns in Rivers”. Journal of Hydraulics Division, ASCE, No. HY11, pp. 1296–1309.Google Scholar
- Wormleaton, P.R.,Allen, J. and Hadjipanos, P. (1982) “Discharge Assessment in Compound Channel Flow”. Journal of the Hydraulics Division, ASCE, Vol. 108, No. HY9, pp. 975–993.Google Scholar
- Zienkiewicz, O.C. and Cheung, Y.K. (1965) “Finite Elements in the Solutions of Field Problems”. The Engineer, pp. 507–510.Google Scholar