Field Tests on Natural Vibration Modes of a Tainter Gate
Tainter gates are frequently used as both low-head and high-head control structures. As far as low-head structures are concerned, they are among the most popular spillway or crest gates which serve to control the water level in and release the flood from large reservoirs. Obviously, their correct functioning and safe operation is of utmost importance for the security of the entire project of which they are a part.
KeywordsCrest Pier Univer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yano, K. (1968) On the Event of the Gate Distruction. Disaster Prevention Research Institute Annuals of Kyoto University (JAPAN), 11-B, 1–17.Google Scholar
- 2.Ishii, N. (1975) Instability of Elastically Suspended Tainter-Gate System Caused by Surface Waves on the Reservoir of Dam. The Dissertation presented to Osaka University.Google Scholar
- 5.Ishii, N., Imaichi, K., Hirose, A. (1977) Instability of Elastically Suspended Tainter-Gate System Caused by Surface Waves on a Dam. Transactions of the ASME, Series I, Vol. 99, No. 4, p. 699.Google Scholar
- 6.Ishii, N., Imaichi, K., Hirose, A. (1979) Dynamic Instability of Tainter-Gates. Proceedings of the IUTAM/IAHR Symposium, Karlsruhe, Vol. 3, p.216; (1980) Springer-verlag, p452.Google Scholar
- 7.Ishii, N., Imaichi, K., Yamasaki, M. (1983) Flow-Induced Structural Vibration of Single-Arm Tainter-Gates, Proceedings of the 20th IAHR Congress in Moscow (Sep. 4th-9th).Google Scholar
- 8.Tommerup, H. (1962) Structural Design Practices for Tainter Crest Gates. Journal of Power-Division, ASCE, Vol. 88, No. P0. 4, p. 47.Google Scholar
- 9.Klosterman. A., McClelland, W. Combining Experimental and Analytical Techniques for Dynamic System Analysis. Structural Dynamics Research Corp., 11–73.Google Scholar
- 10.Klosterman, A., Lemon, J. (1969) Building Block Approach to Structural Dynamics. ASME Publication VIBR-30.Google Scholar
- 11.Hurty, W. (1965) Dynamic Analysis of Structural System Using Component Modes. AIAA J., Vol. 3, No. 4.Google Scholar
- 12.Craig, R., Bampton, M. (1968) Coupling of Substructures for Dynamic Analysis. AIAA J., Vol. 6, No. 7.Google Scholar
- 13.MacNeal(ed), R. (1970) The NASTRAN Theoretical Manual. NASA SP-221.Google Scholar