Prospects for measurements of parity-violating photoproduction of π±
I address the experimental feasibility of two measurements related to the photoproduction of pions, in the context of the G0 experiment. The first involves an extraction of the parity-violating pionnucleon coupling constant h;π N N (1) via a measurement of parity-violating threshold pion photoproduction. The second involves an extraction of d Δ, which parameterizes parity-violating photoproduction of pions on the Δ-resonance. The second process might have an anomalously large asymmetry, from a model based on hyperon decays.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.JLab E-01–116, D.H. Beck, spokesperson, the G° Collaboration.Google Scholar
- 4.JLab E-01–115, S. Wells, N. Simicevic, spokespersons, the G° Collaboration.Google Scholar
- 5.S.-L. Zhu et al.,Phys. Rev. D 65, 033001 (2002).Google Scholar
- 6.S.-L. Zhu et al.,Phys. Rev. Lett. 87, 201802 (2001).Google Scholar
- 7.B. Borasoy, B.R. Holstein, Phys. Rev. D 59, 054019 (1999).Google Scholar