Experiments on the Control of a Satellite Manipulator
Automation is becoming increasingly important to the exploration and utilization of space. Space-based robotic systems will provide efficient and inexpensive means to work in space. The dynamic control of space robots presents unique challenges, partly due to the robot’s lack of a fixed base.
KeywordsBase Body Actuator Force Space Robot Angular Rate Sensor Basic Dynamic Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wampler, C. W., Computer Methods in Manipulator Kinematics, Dynamics, and Control: A Comparative Study, Department of Mechanical Engineering Ph.D. Thesis, Stanford University, 1984.Google Scholar
- 3.Khatib, Oussama, “A United Approach for Motion and Force Control of Robot Manipulators: the Operational Space Formulation,” to be published.Google Scholar
- 4.Tiley, Scott W. and Robert A. Cannon, “End-Point Force Control of a Very Flexible Manipulator with a Fast End Effector,” American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Proceedings of the Winter Annual Meeting, Analheim, CA, December 7–12, 1988.Google Scholar
- 5.Cannon, R. H. and E. Schmitz, “Initial Experiments on the End-Point Control of a One Link Flexible Experimental Manipulator,” International Journal of Robotics Research, the MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, Vol. 3, No. 3, Fall 1984.Google Scholar
- 6.Cannon, R. H. and D. Rosenthal, “Experiments in Control of Flexible Structures with Non-colocated Sensors and Actuators,” Journal of Guidance and Control, Vol. 7, No. 5, Sept.-Oct. 1984.Google Scholar
- 7.Maples, J., End-Point Force Control of a Flexible Manipulator Arm, Department of Electrical Engineering Ph.D. Thesis, Stanford University, 1985.Google Scholar
- 8.Rehsteiner, F. H., Static and Dynamic Properties of Hyudrostatic Thrust Gas Bearings with Curved Surfaces, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics Ph.D. Thesis, Stanford University, 1968.Google Scholar
- 9.Kane, Thomas R. and David A. Levinson, Dynamics: Theory and Applications, McGraw-Hill, 1985.Google Scholar
- 10.Craig, John J., Introduction to Robotics Mechanics & Control, Addison-Wesley, 1986.Google Scholar
- 11.Slotine, Jean-Jacques E., “Robustness Issues in the Control of High-Performance Robots,” Proceedings of the 23rd Conference on Decision and Control, Las Vegas, NV, December 1984.Google Scholar