Algorithms and Architectures for Machine Vision
Machine vision has moved from the research laboratory to the factoryfloor in the past five years. A new machine vision industry has emerged which has a several hundred million dollar per year market and tens of thousands of potential applications. Not only is 100% inspection becoming a reality but new concepts such as in-place inspection rather than post-process inspection are being used to improve product quality. Much of the reason for this phenomenal growth is due to the use of robust algorithms and innovative architectures in machine vision systems.
KeywordsMachine Vision Multiple Instruction Single Data Machine Vision System Machine Vision Algorithm Vision Processor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Batcher, K. E., “Design of a Massively Parallel Processor,” IEEE Trans. Comput. C-29, 1980, pp. 836–840.Google Scholar
- 6.Leutjen, K., et al., “FLIP: A Flexible Multiprocessor for Image Processing,” Proc. of the Fifth Inter. Conf. of Patt. Recog., 1980, pp. 326–326.Google Scholar
- 7.Rieger, C., “Doing It In Parallel,” Proc. of the Workshop on Computer Architecture for PAIDM, 1981, pp. 119–124.Google Scholar
- 10.Fountain, T. J., “A Progress Report,” Languages and Architectures for Image Processing, (M.J.B. Duff and S. Levialdi, Eds.), Academic Press, New York, 1981, pp. 283–291.Google Scholar
- 12.Gevarter, W. B., “An Overview of Computer Vision,” NBSIR 82–2582, National Bureau of Standards, Washington, D.C., September 1982.Google Scholar
- 16.Bolles, R. C. and A. Caini, “Recognizing and Locating Partially Visible Workpieces,” Proc. of the IEEE Conf. on Pattern Recognition and Image Processing, Las Vegas, Nevada, 1982, pp. 498–503.Google Scholar
- 18.Myers, H. J. and R. Bernstein, “Image Processing on the IBM Personal Computer,” Proceedings of the IEEE,Vol. 73, No. 6, June 1985, pp. 10641070.Google Scholar
- 19.AT&T Image Capture Board Technical Product Description, AT&T Electronic Photography and Imaging Center, Indianapolis, IN, 1985.Google Scholar
- 20.LIPS Product Description Manual, Gould DeAnza Imaging and Graphics Division, San Jose, CA, 1985.Google Scholar