Jacobi-Davidson Methods and Preconditioning with Applications in Pole-zero Analysis
The application of Jacobi-Davidson style methods in electric circuit simulation will be discussed in comparison with other iterative methods (Arnoldi) and direct methods (QR, QZ). Preconditioning of the correction equation is used to improve the Jacobi-Davidson process, but also reveals some problems in the correction equation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bai, Z., Demmel, J., Dongarra, J., Ruhe, A., and van der Vorst, H., Eds. Templates for the Solution of Algebraic Eigenvalue Problems: a Practical Guide. SIAM, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.Feldmann, P., and Freund, R.W. Efficient linear circuit analysis by Padé approximation via the Lanczos process. IEEE Trans. CAD 14 (1995), 639–649.Google Scholar
- 6.Rommes, J. Jacobi-Davidson methods and preconditioning with applications in pole-zero analysis. Master’s thesis, Utrecht University, 2002.Google Scholar
- 7.Saad, Y. Iterative methods for sparse linear systems. PWS Publishing Company, 1996.Google Scholar
- 9.ter Maten, E.J.W. Numerical methods for frequency domain analysis of electronic circuits. Surv. Maths. Ind 8 (1998), 171–185.Google Scholar