High Resolution Microellipsometry
Optical inspection and metrology are widely used in materials diagnostics and characterization. From the simple qualitative information obtained from imaging and phase contrast optics to the highly precise measurements provided by interferometry, polarimetry, and ellipsometry, optical techniques have been instrumental in advancing the state-of-the-art in materials science, microelectronics, biology, and many other disciplines . The non-destructive nature of most optical measurements and their inherent simplicity have made them valuable to modern research and fabrication.
KeywordsTitanium Calcite Nitride Refraction Methacrylate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Herman P (1996) Optical diagnostics for thin film processing. Academic Press, San DiegoGoogle Scholar
- 2.Azzam RMA, Bashara NM (1977) Ellipsometry and polarized light. North Holland Publishing Company, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Tompkins HG (1993) A users’ guide to ellipsometry, Academic PressGoogle Scholar
- 4.Tompkins HG, McGahan WA (1999) Spectroscopic ellipsometry and reflectometry: a user’s guide. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 9.Gold N, Willenborg DL, Opsal J, Rosencwaig A. High resolution ellipsometric apparatus. US patent, #5042951Google Scholar
- 10.Leng JM, Chen J, Fanton J, Senko M, Ritz K, Opsal J (1998) Characterization of titanium nitride (TiN) films on various substrates using spectrophotometry, beam profile reflectometry, beam profile ellipsometry and spectroscopic beam profile ellipsometry. Thin Solid Films 313–314:308–313ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Zhan Q, Leger JR (2001) Imaging ellipsometry for high-spatial-resolution metrology. Invited paper, SPIE proceedings vol. 4435, Wave Optics and VLSI photonic devices for information processing, pp. 65–76Google Scholar
- 23.Zhan Q and Leger RJ (2002) Measuring unresolved surface features using imaging ellipsometric polarization signatures. In: DOMO technical digest, Diffractive-Optics Micro-Optics (DOMO) Topical Meeting, Tucson AZ, pp. 101–103Google Scholar
- 26.Zhan Q, Leger JR (2003) Near-field nano-ellipsometer for ultrathin film characterization. accetped by the Journal of MicroscopyGoogle Scholar