Strategic Supply Chain Management: A New Approach to Analyze Product Life Cycles
For many years companies managed their logistical processes in procurement, production and distribution functionally and organizationally independently of one another. This focuses of investigation in designing logistical processes have been displaced, because of increasing competition, advances in information technology and the onset of globalization. Meanwhile many companies and especially global players have gone over to adjusting these processes to one another and to their suppliers and customers to opening up new business fields and value-added stages. We refer to this adjustment as supply chain management.
KeywordsSupply Chain Business Process Supply Chain Management Recycling Process Supply Chain Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ballou RH (1999) Business Logistic Management. 4.th edn. New JerseyGoogle Scholar
- Cohen MA, Fisher M, Jaikumar R (1989) International Manufacturing and Distribution Networks: A Normative Model Framework. In: Ferdows K (ed) Managing International Manufacturing. Amsterdam, pp 67–93Google Scholar
- Erengiic SP, Simpson NC, Vakharia AJ (1999) Integrated Production/Distribution Planning in Supply Chains: An Invited Review. European Journal of Operational Research 115: 219–236Google Scholar
- Fleischmann B, Meyr H, Wagner M (2000) Advanced Planning. In: Stadtler H, Kilger C (eds) Supply Chain Management and Advanced Planning — Concepts, Models, Software and Case Studies. Berlin et al., pp 57–71Google Scholar
- Kasilingam RG (1998) Logistics and transportation — Design and Planning. Dordrecht et al.Google Scholar
- Kuhl M (1998) Wettbewerbsvorteile durch kundenorientiertes Supply Management. Wiesbaden et al.Google Scholar
- Schönsleben P (1998) Integrales Logistikmanagement: Planung and Steuerung von umfassenden Geschäftsprozessen. Berlin et al.Google Scholar
- Stadtler H (2000) Supply Chain Management — An Overview. In: Stadtler H, Kilger C (eds) Supply Chain Management and Advanced Planning — Concepts, Models, Software and Case Studies. Berlin et al., pp 7–29Google Scholar
- Thaler K (1999) Supply Chain Management, Prozessoptimierung in der Logistik Kette. KölnGoogle Scholar
- Vidal CJ, Goetschalckx M (1997) Strategic Production-Distribution Models: A Critical Review with Emphasis on Global Supply Chain Models. European Journal of Operational Research 98: 1–18Google Scholar