The phase relationships in the system Fe-Sb have been re-investigated by Maier and Wachtel  with the aid of magneto-thermal analyses supported by X-ray and DTA measurements in the temperature range 220–1,600°C with alloys prepared from pure iron (99.99 %, main impurities: 0.0036 % O, 0.005 % C) and antimony also of 99.99% purity. The general pattern of the phase diagram previously published by Hansen [A] was confirmed, except for the Fe-rich region. The revised diagram is shown in Fig. 74. The melting point of antimony, 630.755°C, is a secondary reference point.
KeywordsGeochemistry Antimony Koto
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Maier, J.; Wachtel, E.: Z. Metallkd. 63 (1972) 411Google Scholar
- 4.Rosenquist, T.: Acta Crystallogr. 7 (1954) 636Google Scholar
- 6.Predel, B.; Frebel, M.: Arch. Eisenhüttenwes. 42 (1971) 42Google Scholar
- 7.Hillert, M.; Wada, T.; Wada, H.: J. Iron Steel Inst. 205 (1967) 539Google Scholar
- 8.Vecher, A.A.; Geiderich, V.A.; Gerassimov, Ya.I.: Zh. Fiz. Khim. 35 (1961) 1578Google Scholar
- 9.Takayama, T.; Wey, M.Y.; Nishizawa, T.: Trans. Jpn. Inst. Met. 22 (1981) 315Google Scholar