The car industry offers a wide range of possible risks for occupational dermatoses. The majority of occupational dermatological problems mentioned in this handbook can also occur in the car industry, as working processes and the state of technological development in this industry and their world wide network of suppliers is varying. Therefore it is necessary to focus on the major problems, keeping in mind that, with regard to the car industry, there are other relevant subjects discussed in other chapters of this handbook. The car industry today is characterised by increasing quality of products, accurately organised processes and well-designed workplaces. In particular, one should take into account the well-established system of occupational medical care in bigger automobile manufacturing plants, which has resulted in reduced risks from allergens by means of evaluation and selection of substances and available safety equipment, as well as providing advice for the safe handling of (unavoidable) hazardous substances.
KeywordsContact Dermatitis Glycol Ether Hand Eczema Paint Shop Model Making
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Funke U (1990) Aktuelle Hauterkrankungsrisiken in der Automobilindustrie. Arbeitsmed Sozialmed Präventivmed 25: 227–229Google Scholar
- Lautenschläger H, Nissen HP, Wieland W (1997) Neue Untersuchungen zur Hautverträglichkeit von Kühlschmierstoffen. Arbeitsmed Sozialmed Umweltmed 32:474–479Google Scholar
- Nöring R (1995) Evaluierung eines arbeitsmedizinischen Programms zur Prävention berufsbedingter Hautkrankheiten. Arbeitsmed Sozialmed Umweltmed 30:251–256Google Scholar
- Roed-Petersen J (1989) A new glove material protective against epoxy and acrylate monomer. In: Frosch PJ, Dooms-Goosens A, Lachanelle JM, Rycroft RJG, Schener RJ (eds) Current topics in contact dermatitis, Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York, pp 603–606Google Scholar
- Wahlberg JE, Boman A (1996) Prevention of contact dermatitis from solvents. In: Burg G (ed) Current Problems in Dermatology, vol 25. Karger, Basel, pp 57–66Google Scholar