Photon Bunching and Multi-photon Interference between Independent Parametric Down-Conversion Processes
In this paper, we discuss photon bunching effect in parametric down-conversion and its connection to the visibilities of a number of multi-photon interference experiments between independent parametric down-conversion processes. We find that mode matching, especially temporal mode matching, plays an equally important role for photon bunching effect and for two-photon interference between two independent emissions in parametric down-conversion. We extend the discusstion further to a four-photon interference effect.
KeywordsMode Match Pump Field Spontaneous Photon Interference Scheme Photon Bunching
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.S. Carusotto, Phys. Rev. All, 1629 (1975).Google Scholar
- 11.D. M. Greenberger, M. A. Home, and A, Zeilinger, in Bell’s Theorem, Quantum Theory, and Conceptions of the Universe, edited by M. Katafos, ( Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1989 )Google Scholar
- 14.M. Zukowski, A. Zeilinger, and H. Weinfurter, in Fundamental Problems in Quantum Theory, edited by D. M. Greenberger and A. Zeilinger, Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 755,91 (1995).Google Scholar
- 15.J. G. Rarity, in Fundamental Problems in Quantum Theory, edited by D. M. Greenberger and A. Zeilinger, Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 755, 624 (1995).Google Scholar
- 16.Z. Y. Ou, Quantum Semiclass. Opt. 9, 599 (1997).Google Scholar
- 22.W. P. Grice and I. A. Wamsley, Phys. Rev. Rev. A56, 1627 (1997); D. Branning, W. P. Grice, R. Erdmann, and I. A. Wamsley, Phys. Rev. Lett. 83, 955 (1999).Google Scholar
- 27.J. -K. Rhee and L. J. Wang, personal communication.Google Scholar
- 29.R. A. Campos, B. E. A. Saleh, and M. C. Teich, Phys. Rev. A40, 1371 (1990).Google Scholar