Network Methods Applied to Multilayered Cylindrical Radiating Structures
Conformal antennas are of growing importance for wireless communications and other RF applications. In many practical cases conformal antenna arrays can exhibit a layered cylindrical structure. The integral equation method allows an accurate computation of the antenna field and of the impedance matrix of the antenna array feed ports with low computational effort. The integral equation treatment is based on the dyadic Green’s function. A systematic algorithm for calculating the spectral-domain (SD) and the space-domain (SPD) dyadic Green’s function of multi layered cylindrical structures is presented. The SD components of the dyadic Green’s are obtained using a Generalized Transmission Line model (GTL). Expression of the SPD components are also given.
KeywordsMicrowave Dition Cylin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cü. Tokgöz and G. Dural, “Closed-form Green’s functions for cylindrical stratified media’; IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 48, no. 1, January 2000.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Sun, C.F. Wang, L.W. Li, M.S. Leong, “Closed-form Green’s functions for r-oriented electrical source in cylindrical stratified media”, Antennas Propag. Society International Symposium, 2002. IEEE, vol. 2, 16–21 June 2002.Google Scholar
- 3.Z. Xiang and Y. Lu, “Electromagnetic dyadic Green’s function in cylindrically multilayered media”, IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 44, no. 4, April 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Thiel, A. Dreher, “Dyadic Green’s function closed and multilayer cylindrical and sector structure for waveguide, mirostrip-antenna, and network analysis”, IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 50, no. 11, November 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.R. F. Harrington, “Time-Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields”, McGrawHill New York 1961.Google Scholar
- 6.M.I. Aksum, “Generalized-Pencil-of-Function Method for extracting Poles for an EM System form Its Transient Responce”, IEEE Trans. on Antennas Propag., vol. 37, no. 2, February 1989.Google Scholar
- 7.Chen-To Tai, “Dyadic Green Functions in Electromagnetic Theory”, 2nd. ed. New York: IEEE, 1993Google Scholar
- 9.Robert E. Collin, “Field Therory and guided guided waves ’; 2nd ed. New York: IEEE,1991.Google Scholar
- 10.Peter Russer, “Electromagnetics, microwave circuits and antenna design for communication engineering”; Arthec house inc., 2003.Google Scholar