Fieldbus represents a standardization of distributed process control fundamentals so that control can migrate to field devices, such as, transmitters, control valves etc. A pressure transmitter, for example, may not need to communicate with the host to close the loop. Since the field devices can communicate ‘peer to peer’ over a fieldbus, its output can be sent directly to a ‘smart’ control valve which can apply proportional, integral and derivative (PID) control algorithm in order to position itself (Bond 1996).
KeywordsControl Loop Pilot Plant Control Valve Function Block Integral Square Error
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Astuti L, Howe L (2001–02) “ Fieldbus Network Control of Industrial Processes”, B Eng dissertation submitted to the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.Google Scholar
- Bond A (1996) An Enabling Technology for Fundamental Change”, Fieldbus Supplement, InTech., ISA Publication, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, November pp. S1–S3.Google Scholar
- Fieldbus Online.[ONLINE].Available: http://www.fieldbus.org..
- Fisher-RosemountTM.. “Fieldbus Technical Overview: Understanding FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology”. US: Fisher-RosemountTM System, 1997.Google Scholar
- Getting Started With Your DeItaVTM Software, Fisher-Rosemount Systems, USA, 1996.Google Scholar
- Goh Han Keat, “ Empirical design of PID gain scheduler for the control of a nonlinear lag dominant process”, Master of Science dissertation submitted to the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2000.Google Scholar
- Ham J (1995) Fieldbus: The Tools are here!, In Tech, ISA Publication, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, March, pp. 36–38.Google Scholar
- Hodson W.R (1999) Exploiting Non-control Functions in Field Devices with Fieldbus”, http://www.iac.lIoneywell.com/Pub/Mktg/Products/fieldbus/tappiarticle.stm, 8 August (7 pages).
- Santori M, Zech K (1996) Fieldbus Brings Protocol To Process Control”, IEEE Spectrum, IEEE, Piscataway, NY,USA, March, pp. 60–64.Google Scholar
- Wallace T(1997) A New Approach to Maintaining Process Control Field Devices”, [ONLINE]. Available: http://www.mt-online.com..
- Zelinski M (2001) Let’s us clear up the confusion surrounding the tern ‘fieldbus’ ”, Worldbus Journal, ISA Publication, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, April, pp. 20–24.Google Scholar