Second Order Wave Diffraction for Offshore Structures
The estimation of hydrodynamic wave diffraction for offshore structures has received considerable mathematical and engineering interest due to many practical applications to ocean engineering. The dynamic characteristics of these structures could be determined provided an accurate prediction of the wave-induced forces on these structures is available.
KeywordsWave Force Wave Diffraction Vertical Cylinder Offshore Structure Shallow Water Wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chakrabarti, S.K., 1975, “Second-Order Wave Force on Large Vertical Cylinder”, Journal of the Waterways, Harbours and Coastal Engineering Division, ASCE, Vol. 101, No. WW3, 311–317.Google Scholar
- Havelock, T.H., 1940, “Pressure of Water Waves on a Fixed Obstacle”, Proc. Roy. Soc., A175, 409–421.Google Scholar
- Hogben, N., Miller, B.L., Searle, J.W. and Ward, G., 1977, “Estimation of Fluid Loading on Offshore Structures”, National Maritime Institute Report No. 11, 1–60.Google Scholar
- Lighthill, M.J., 1979, “Waves and Hydrodynamic Loading”, Proc. Second International Conference on the Behaviour of Offshore Structures, 1, 1–40.Google Scholar
- MacCamy, R.C. and Fuchs, R.A., 1954, “Wave Forces on Piles, A Diffraction Theory”, Beach Erosion Board Technical Memo No. 69.Google Scholar
- Mogridge, G.R. and Jamieson, W.W., 1976, “Wave Loads on Circular Cylinders: A Design Method”, Hydraulics Laboratory, National Research Council, Canada, MH-111, December, 34 pp.Google Scholar
- Morison, J.R., O’Brien, M.R., Johnson, J.W. and Schaaf, S.A., 1950, “The Forces Exerted by Surface Waves on Piles”, Petroleum Transactions, AIME, 189, 149–154.Google Scholar
- Rahman, M. and Heaps, H.S., 1983, “Wave Forces on Offshore Structures: Nonlinear Wave Diffraction by Large Cylinders”, J. Physical Oceanography, December issue.Google Scholar
- Rahman, M., 1984, “Wave Diffraction by Large Offshore Structures: An Exact Second Order Theory”, J. Applied Ocean Research (in press).Google Scholar