Fuzzy Chip Controllers and Wireless Links in Smart Structures
- 382 Downloads
This paper summarizes some authors’ developments on the design and implementation of fuzzy chip controllers and wireless sensor networks. The design of a fuzzy controller is first discussed in detail. Then a section presents the embedded software that has been developed for the microcontroller. A few considerations on how to provide the system with a wireless networking capability are provided and two architectures are discussed. Extensive tests of the fuzzy controller are shown in order to report the advances achieved in this field.
KeywordsMembership Function Wireless Sensor Network Fuzzy Rule Fuzzy Controller Wireless Link
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Casciati F (1998) Scale Laboratory Testing towards Actual Actively Controlled Structural Systems. Proc. of the 2nd World Conference on Structural Control, T. Kobori et al. (eds.), John Wiley, Chichester, UK, pp. 41–50Google Scholar
- 3.Casciati F (ed.) (2003) Proceedings 3’d World Conference on Structural Control, John Wiley and Sons, ChichesterGoogle Scholar
- 4.Casciati F, Magonette G (1999) Testing Facilities and Laboratory Validation, in: Advances in Structural Control, J. Rodellar et al. (eds.), CIMNE, Barcelona, pp. 241–266Google Scholar
- 5.Casciati F, Faravelli L, Borghetti F, Fornasari A (2003) Tuning the frequency band of a wireless sensor network, in: Fu-Kuo Chang (ed.) Structural Health Monitoring 2003, DEStech Publications, pp. 1185–1192Google Scholar
- 7.Faravelli L (1999) Fuzzy Logic, Fuzzy Control and Fuzzy Chips, in: Advances in Structural Control, J. Rodellar et al. (eds.), CIMNE, Barcelona, pp. 226–240Google Scholar
- 8.Faravelli L (2002) Innovative Control Technologies for Vibration Sensitive Civil Engineering Structures in Europe, National Workshop on Future Sensing Systems, Lake Tahoe, Granlibakken, USAGoogle Scholar
- 9.Faravelli L, Rossi R (2000) Fuzzy Chip Controller Implementation, in: Casciati F and Magonette G (eds.) Proc. 3rd International Workshop on Structural Control, World Scientifics, Singapore, pp. 201–213Google Scholar
- 10.Faravelli L, Rossi R (2002) Adaptive Fuzzy Control: Theory versus Implementation, J. Structural Control 9: 59–73Google Scholar
- 11.Faravelli L, Rossi R (2003) Wireless Communication between Sensor/device Stations, Proceedings ICES02, Balkema, RomeGoogle Scholar
- 12.Faravelli L, Spencer JB (eds.) (2003) Proc. of the US-Europe Workshop on Sensors and Smart Structures Technology, John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, UKGoogle Scholar
- 13.Wong F, Chou K, Yao J (1999) Civil Engineering Including Earthquake Engineering, in: H. Zimmermann (ed.), Practical Applications of Fuzzy Technologies, Kluwer Academic Press, DordrechtGoogle Scholar