Optical Properties of Disordered Materials
In this chapter we present the optical properties of disordered materials, i.e. of materials that lack long-range order. These include glasses, amorphous and polycrystalline materials. All these different kinds of materials share the same characteristic: no sharp features in the optical properties, as encountered in their crystalline counterparts, due to disorder-induced violation of the momentum-conservation rule.
KeywordsFatigue Microwave Anisotropy Recombination GaAs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Amer, N.M., A. Skumanich, and W.B. Jackson (1983) Physica 117B+118B, 897.Google Scholar
- Bishop, S.G., U. Strom, and P.C. Taylor (1977) in Proc. 7 th Int. Conf Amorphous and Liquid Semiconductors, ed. W.E. Spear, pp.595–606, Univ. Edinburgh.Google Scholar
- M. H. Brodsky (1975) in Light Scattering in Solids, ed. M. Cardona, p.205, Springer,Berlin, Heidelberg.Google Scholar
- Callaway, J. (1991) Quantum Theory of the Solid State, Academic Press, New Boston, 2nd edition.Google Scholar
- Engemann, D. and R Fisher (1976) in Structure and Excitations of Amorphous Solids, eds. G. Lucovsky and F.L. Galeener, p.37, American Inst. of Physics, New York.Google Scholar
- Fischer, R. (1979) in Amorphous Semiconductors, ed. M.H. Brodsky, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.Google Scholar
- Jackie, J. (1981) in Amorphous Solids: Low-Temperature Properties, ed. W.A. Philips, Springer, New York.Google Scholar
- Shuker, R. and R.W. Gamon (1971) in Proc. T d Intern Conf. Light Scattering in Solids, Paris, p.334, Flammarion Sciences, Paris.Google Scholar
- Solin, S.A. (1976) in Structure and Excitations in Amorphous Solids, eds. G. Lucovsky and F.L. Galeener, p.205, American Inst of Phys, New York.Google Scholar
- Street, R.A., T.M. Searle, and I.G. Austin (1974) in Amorphous and Liquid Semiconductors, eds. J. Stuke and W. Brenig, p.953, Taylor and Francis, London.Google Scholar
- Taue, J. (1974) in Amorphous and Liquid Semiconductors, ed. J. Taue, p. 159, Plenum, New York.Google Scholar