ICT and Effective Learning
A lot of experiences have proved that multimedia and telematics offer new learning opportunities; methodologies for their use in education and training have been developed and tested with very interesting results in different contexts, from primary schools to university and post graduated training. But, even though the advantages of hypermedia and telematics for learning are acknowledged there is a need to bridge the gap between research and the concrete practice of educational technology. The aim of this paper is to analyse the factors making effective the use of ICT in concrete educational contexts.
KeywordsLearning Path Computer Mediate Communication Curricular Activity Italian National Research Council Multimedia Resource
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Allegra, M., Chifari, A. and Ottaviano, S. (May 2000) L.E.M.M.A.: Learning Environments based on Multimedia Micro-Activities. International Conference on Computers and Advanced Technology in Education, CATE2000, Cancun.Google Scholar
- 2.Allegra, M., Chifari, A., Fulantelli, G. and Ottaviano, S. (1997) An On Line Cooperative Learning Environment. Canadian Journal of Education Communication, 2(26), p. 125–132.Google Scholar
- 3.Allegra, M., Chiazzese, G. and Laganà, M.R. (1999) An Internet service to develop cooperative learning environments. Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference–Internet and Multimedia System and Applications (IMSA’99) October 18–21, Nassau, Bahamas.Google Scholar
- 4.Cohen, V. (1996) The effect of technology on student learning. Proceedings of International Conference ED-MEDIA 96, Boston, MA.Google Scholar
- 5.Kenny, R.F., Desjardinds, F. and MacDonald, C. (1997) Integrating information technologies to facilitate learning: redesigning the teacher education curriculum. Canadian Journal of Educational Communication, 26 (2), p. 107–124.Google Scholar
- 6.Paolucci, R. (1998) The effects of cognitive style and knowledge structure on performance using a hypermedia learning system. Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia, 7 (2/3), p. 123–150.Google Scholar
- 7.Berge, Z.L. and Collins, M.P. 81995) Computer Mediated Communication and the Online Classroom. Hampton Press, Inc.Google Scholar