The Objectives and Design of a New Land-use Modelling Package: DELTA
This chapter considers the objectives, the design and the applications of the DELTA land-use modelling package, which has been developed by the author and his colle-agues at David Simmonds Consultancy since the beginning of 1995.
KeywordsPublic Transport Household Type Housing Rent Strategic Environmental Assessment Urban Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Batty M. (1976) Urban modellingyy: algorithms, calibrations, predictions. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.Google Scholar
- Chadwick G. (1971)A systems view of planning. Pergamon, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Lowry I.S. (1964) A Model of Metropolis, RM-4035-RC, RAND Corporation, California.Google Scholar
- Mackett R.L. (1983) The Leeds Integrated Land- Use/Transport Model (LILT). Supplementary Report 805, Transport and Road Research Laboratory, Crowthorne, Berkshire.Google Scholar
- McLoughlin J.B. (1969) Urban and regional planning: a systems approach. Faber, London.Google Scholar
- Roberts M. and Simmonds D.C. (1997) A strategic modelling approach for land-use policy development. Paper presented to the World Conference on Transport Research, Sydney, Australia, 1995. Published in Traffic Engineering & Control, vol 38, pp 377–384.Google Scholar
- Sayer R.A. (1976) A critique of urban modelling. Progress in Planning, vol 6, pp 187–254. Pergamon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Transportation Research Board (1995) Expanding metropolitan highways: implications for air quality and energy use. National Academy Press, Washington DC.Google Scholar
- TRRL (1980) The demand for public transport. Transport and Road Research Laboratory, Crowthorne, Berkshire.Google Scholar
- Webster F V., Bly P.H. and Paulley N.J. (1988) Urban land-use and transport interaction: policies and models. Phase I report of the International Study Group on Land-Use Transport Interaction (ISGLUTI). Avebury, AldershotGoogle Scholar
- Wilson A.G. (1970) Entropy in urban and regional modelling. Pion, London.Google Scholar