Waves in the Atmosphere
In the previous chapters we have already found wavelike dynamical manifestation in the atmosphere such as Rossby waves. These waves are a consequence of the conservation of absolute vorticity in the sense we have considered the effect of Earth rotation but not the presence of gravity.
KeywordsAttenuation Foam Ozone Propa Beach
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Andrews, D. G. Holton J. R., Leovy C.B., 1987, Middle atmosphere dynamics, Academic PressGoogle Scholar
- Gill, A.E., 1982, Atmosphere-Ocean Dynamics, Academic PressGoogle Scholar
- Holton, J.R., 1975, The dynamic meteorology of the stratosphere and mesosphere, Meteorol. Monogr. No.37, American Meteorologicaln SocietyGoogle Scholar
- Holton, J.R., 1992, An introduction to dynamic meteorology, Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Houghton, J.T., 1977, The physics of the atmospheres, Cambridge University PressGoogle Scholar