Temporal Change of some Statistical Characteristics of Daily Average Wind Speed in Hungary
In this study it is analysed whether or not changes in the surface pressure field over Europe are reflected in the statistical structure of the wind field over Hungary. The data consists of hourly wind speed data of 9 meteorological stations from the periods between 1968–72 and 1991–95. It is shown that the distribution of daily average wind speeds, except for one station, differ significantly from each other in the two examined periods, which appears in the decrease of wind speeds in the second five-year period. It is established, by the help of Fourier polinoms, that times of extremities also change in the latter period, which involve transformation of the summer wind field, as well.
KeywordsEurope Cyclone Autocorrelation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bartzokas, A. and Metaxas, D. A., 1996: Northern Hemisphere gross circulation types.Climatic change and temperature distribution. Meteorol. Zeitschrift, N.F. 5, 99–109.Google Scholar
- Dévényi, D. and Gulyás, O., 1988: Mathematical-statistical methods in the meteorology. University text-book. Educational Publisher Co., Budapest. 443 pp. (in Hungarian)Google Scholar
- Dobosi, Z., and Felméry, L., 1971: Climatology. Educational Publisher, Budapest, 500 pp. (in Hungarian)Google Scholar
- Justyák, J., 1994: The climate of Europe. Publisher of the University of Debrecen, University lecture note, 135 pp. (in Hungarian)Google Scholar
- Meyhöfer, S., Rapp, J. and Schönwiese, C. D., 1996: Observed three-dimensional climate trends in Europe 1961–1990. Meteorol. Zeitschrift, N.F. 5, 90–94.Google Scholar
- Schönwiese, C.D., Rapp, J., Fuchs, T. and Denhard, M., 1994: Observed climate trends in Europe 1891–1990. Meteorol. Zeitschrift, N.F. 3, 22–28.Google Scholar
- Tar, K., 1998a: Statistical characteristics of the wind field over Hungary, in connection with the global warming. In: The climate change and its consequences. Scientific Days of Meteorology, Budapest, 1997 (Dunkel, Z., ed.), Issue of the Hungarian Meteorological Service, 249–258. (in Hungarian)Google Scholar
- Tar, K., 1998b: Alteration of the statistical structure of the wind field in Hungary in connection with the climatic change. In: CD-ROM Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodinamics, Nr. 19. (ISSN 1016–6254). 2nd European Conference on Applied Climatology, Vienna, 19–23 October 1998.Google Scholar
- Tar, K., 1999: Temporal change of statistical characteristics of wind field over the Great Hungarian Plain. In: Change of landscape in the Carpathian Basin. Proceedings of Scientific Conference, Nyíregyháza, November 4–6, 1998. (Füleky, Gy., ed.), Gödöllö, 225–230. (in Hungarian)Google Scholar