Supply Chain Analysis
Before starting an improvement process one has to have a clear picture of the structure of the existing supply chain and the way it works. Consequently a detailed analysis of operations and processes constituting the supply chain is necessary. Therefore tools are needed that support an adequate evaluation, modelling and description of supply chains. In Sect. 2.1 (key) performance measures are presented. Section 2.2 adds the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR)-model which introduces a standardized terminology, standardized process definitions, metrics and best practices for modelling and configuration of supply chains. A typology of supply chains that enables identification of necessary planning tasks will be discussed in Sect. 2.3.
KeywordsSupply Chain Balance Scorecard Supply Chain Performance Supply Chain Partner Plan Supply Chain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Becker, J.; Kugeler, M.; Rosemann, M. (2000) Prozessmanagement: Ein Leitfaden zur prozessorientierten Organisationsgestaltung, Berlin et al.Google Scholar
- Horváth, P. (1998) Controlling, 7th ed., MünchenGoogle Scholar
- Kaplan, R. S.; Norton, D.P. (1992) The balanced scorecard — Measures that drive performance, Harvard Business Review, Vol. 70, No. 1, 71–79Google Scholar
- Kaplan, R. S.; Norton, D. P. (1993) Putting the balanced scorecard to work, Harvard Business Review, Vol. 71, No. 5, 134–142Google Scholar
- Meyer, C. (1994) How the right measures help teams excel, Harvard Business Review, Vol. 72, No. 3, 95–103Google Scholar
- PRTM (1997) Introduction to the 1997 Integrated Supply-Chain Benchmarking Study, URL: http://www.supply-chain.org/members/html/presentations.cfm, State: June 9, 2000Google Scholar
- O’Dell, C.; Grayson, C.J. (1998) If only we knew what we know: The transfer of internal knowledge and best practice, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Schneeweiss, C. (1999) Einführung in die Produktionswirtschaft, 7th ed., Berlin et al.Google Scholar
- Silver, E. A.; Pyke, D. F.; Petersen, R. (1998) Inventory management and production planning and scheduling, 3rd ed., New York et al.Google Scholar
- Syska, A. (1990) Kennzahlen für die Logistik, Berlin et al.Google Scholar
- Tucker, S. A. (1961) Successful managerial control by ratio-analysis, New York et al.Google Scholar