Multimedia data processing refers to a combined processing of multiple data streams of various types. Recent advances in hardware, software and digital signal processing allow for the integration of different data streams which may include voice, digital video, graphics and text within a single platform. A simple example may be the simultaneous use of audio, video and closed-caption data for content-based searching and browsing of multimedia databases or the merging of vector graphics, text, and digital video. This rapid development is the driving force behind the convergence of the computing, telecommunications, broadcast, and entertainment technologies. The field is developing rapidly and emerging multimedia applications, such as intelligent visual search engines, multimedia databases, Internet/mobile audio-visual communication, and desktop video-conferencing will all have a profound impact on modern professional life, health care, education, and entertainment.
KeywordsMembership Function Color Space Facial Image Facial Region Fuzzy Membership Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Herodotou, N., Plataniotis, K.N., Venetsanopoulos, A.N., (1998): A color segmentation scheme for object-based video coding. in Proceedings, IEEE Symposium on Advances in Signal Filtering and Signal Processing, I, 25–30.Google Scholar
- 10.Foley, J., van Dam, A., Feiner, S., Hughes, J. (1990): Computer Graphics, Principles and Applications. Addison-Wesley, N.Y.Google Scholar
- 11.Chang, T.C., Huang, T.S., Novak, C. (1994): Facial feature extraction from color images. in Proceedings, 12th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, 3, 39–43.Google Scholar
- 17.Herodotou, N., Plataniotis, K.N., Venetsanopoulos, A.N., (1999): A fuzzy based face tracking scheme. Computational Intelligence and Applications, Mastorakis N. (ed.), 272–276, Word Scientific Press.Google Scholar
- 22.Herodotou, N., Plataniotis, K.N., Venetsanopoulos, A.N., (1998): A color segmentation and classification scheme for facial image and video retrieval. in Proceedings, IX European Signal Processing Conference, 3, 1721–1724.Google Scholar