This paper describes how the strong dissipative mechanism in viscoelastic solids of strain-rate type plays a crucial role in a wide variety of problems.
KeywordsGlobal Attractor Longitudinal Motion Viscoelastic Layer Hopf Bifurcation Theorem Total Compression
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. S. Antman and F. Klaus: The shearing of nonlinearly viscoplastic slabs, Nonlinear Problems in Applied Mathematics, edited by T. Angell, L. P. Cook, R. Kleinman, and W. E. Olmstead, SIAM, 1996, pp. 20–29.Google Scholar
- 3.S. S. Antman and H. Koch: Self-sustained oscillations of nonlinearly viscoelastic layers, SIAM J. Appl. Math., to appear.Google Scholar
- 4.S. S. Antman and J.-G. Liu: Errors in the numerical treatment of hyperbolic conservation laws caused by lack of invariance, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 9.S. S. Antman and T. I. Seidman: Parabolic-hyperbolic systems governing the spatial motion of nonlinearly viscoelastic rods, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 10.R. E. Caflisch and J. H. Maddocks: Nonlinear dynamical theory of the elastica, Proc. Roy. Soc. Edin. 99A, 1–23.Google Scholar
- 13.S. Klainerman: The null condition and global existence to nonlinear wave equations, Lectures in Applied Mathematics, Vol. 23, Part 1, edited by B. Nicolaenko, D. D. Holm, and J. M. Hyman, 1986, pp. 293–326.Google Scholar
- 14.H. Koch and S. S. Antman: Stability and Hopf bifurcation for fully nonlinear parabolic-hyperbolic equations, SIAM J. Math. Anal., to appear.Google Scholar
- 19.J. P. Wilber: Global Attractors for a Degenerate Partial Differential Equation from Nonlinear Viscoelasticity, Doctoral dissertation, Univ. Maryland, 1999.Google Scholar
- 20.S.-C. Yip, S. S. Antman, and M. Wiegner: The motion of a particle on a light viscoelastic bar: Asymptotic analysis of its quasilinear parabolic-hyperbolic equation, in preparation.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2000