Supersonic Boundary Layer Receptivity to Streamwise Acoustic Field
Problem of excitation of oscillations in boundary layer (BL) by a streamwise acoustic wave at Mach number M = 2.0 is considered. It was found that the ratio of amplitudes of mass flux perturbations inside BL and at its outer edge can reach significant values. Conclusion about existence of critical values of Reynolds number and an angle of orientation of acoustic wave, at which efficiency of excitation is highest, is confirmed. An approximate method for computation of disturbance level inside BL is offered. Interpretation of experimental data about supersonic BL receptivity is given.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fedorov AV, Khokhlov AP (1991): Excitation of unstable modes in supersonic boundary layer by acoustic waves. Mech. Zhidk. Gaza, 4, 67–71.Google Scholar
- Gaponov SA (1977): Interaction of supersonic boundary layer with acoustic disturbances. Mech. Zhidk. Gaza, 6, 51–56.Google Scholar
- Gaponov SA (1993): On the interaction of supersonic boundary layer with acoustic disturbances. Thermophysics and Aeromechanics, 2 (3), 209–217.Google Scholar
- Gaponov SA (1994): On the mathematical simulation of disturbance propagation in the compressible flows near walls. Thermophysics and Aeromechanics. 1 (1), 75–88.Google Scholar
- Gaponov SA, Kosinov AD, Maslov AA, et al. (1998): Supersonic leading edge receptivity. Annual Report, NCQ-1-240, Novosibirsk, ITAM SB RAS, 140 p.Google Scholar
- Gaponov SA, Maslov AA (1980) Propagation of disturbances in compressible flows. Science Publ., Novosibirsk:, 144 p. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Gaponov SA, Smorodsky BV (1996) Supersonic boundary layer interaction with streamwise acoustics. In Kharitonov AM (ed) Proc. Int. Conf. Methods of Aerophysical Research. ITAM SB RAS, Novosibirsk, Pt.II, pp 70–75.Google Scholar
- Morkovin MV (1957): On transition experiments at moderate supersonic speeds. Aeronaut. Sci. 24 (7), 480–486.Google Scholar
- Semionov NV, Kosinov AD, Maslov AA (1996) Experimental investigation of supersonic boundary layer receptivity. In Henks RAWM, van Ingen JL (eds) Transitional Boundary Layers in Aeronautics. North-Holland, Amsterdam, pp 413–420.Google Scholar