Bag Models of Hadrons
In Chap. 15 we discussed the proposition that QCD possesses the property of asymptotic freedom and that — very probably — the QCD vacuum can therefore be viewed as a color-diaelectric that forms bags around the color charges, i.e. around the gluons and the quarks.
KeywordsChiral Symmetry Strange Quark Axial Current Color Charge Meson Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [DEG75]T. De Grand, R. L. Jaffe, K. Johnson, and J. Kiskis, ‘Masses and other Parameters of the Light Hadrons’, Phys. Rev. D12, 1060, (1975)Google Scholar
- [JOH75]K. Johnson, ‘The M.I.T. Bag Model’, Acta Phys. Pol. B6, 865 (1975)Google Scholar
- [CLO79]F. E. Close, An Introduction to Quarks and Partons, Academic Press, London, 1979Google Scholar
- [ALV86]R. F. Alvarez-Estrada, F. Fernandez, J. L. Sanchez-Gomez, and V. Vento, ‘Models of Hadron Structure Based on Quantum Chromodynamics’, Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 259, Springer, Berlin, 1986Google Scholar
- [THW98]A.W. Thomas and S.V. Wright, ‘Classical Quark Models: An Introduction’, nuclth/9808008, 1998Google Scholar