Future Perspectives: Opportunities, Risks and Requirements in Adaptronics
We live in a world which changes frighteningly quickly — a well worn cliché perhaps, but a simple statement that encapsulates the potential and the problems not only in adaptronics but in countless other areas of science and technology.
KeywordsTransportation Marketing Assure Product Line Lution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Mandelbrot, B.B.: The Fractal Geometry of Nature (Freeman, New York) 1983.Google Scholar
- 3.Cohen, J. and Stewart, I.: The Collapse of Chaos ( Penguin, London ) 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.Joyce, G.F.: Directed Molecular Evolution. Scientific American, pp. 90–97 (December 1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Stemmer, W.P.C.: Searching Sequence Space. Bio—Technology, pp. 549–553 (June 1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Chui, Ch.K.: An Introduction to Wavelets, Wavelet Analysis and its Applications Vol 1, (Academic Press Inc.) Boston 1992.Google Scholar
- Rarhje, W.L. and Murphy, C.: Rubbish! The Archeology of Garbage (Harper Perennial) 1993.Google Scholar
- 8.Hotate, K.: The fibre optic gyroscope Culshaw, B. and Dakin J P, eds.: Optical Fiber Sensors Vol. IV, ( Artech House, Norwood, Mass ) 1997Google Scholar
- 9.Culshaw, B.: Smart Structures and Materials (Artech House, Norwood, Mass ) 1996.Google Scholar
- 10.Sakamoto, M. and Kobori, T.: Control Effect During Actual Earthquake and Strong Winds of Active Structural Response Control of Buildings. Fifth Int. Conference on Adaptive Structures, Sendai, Japan, December 1994.Google Scholar
- 11.SPIE Proceedings Annual Smart Structures Symposium. San Diego (SPIE, Bellingham Washington, annually from 1992.)Google Scholar
- 12.Staszewski, W.J.; Pierce, S.G.; Worden, K.; Philp, W.R.; Tomlinson, G.R.; Culshaw, B.: Wavelet Signal Processing for Enhanced Lamb Wave Defect Detection in Composite Plates using Optical Fibre Detection. submitted to Optical Engineering, 1997.Google Scholar
- 13.Snyder, D.P.: High tech and higher education: a wave of creative destruction is rolling toward the halls of academia. in On The Horizon. September/October 1996, Jassey Bass Publishers, San Francisco, USAGoogle Scholar