Analysis and Evaluation of Molecules Adhered to Wafer Surfaces
During LSI fabrication, the wafer is influenced by contact with the surrounding environment, including the equipment, human beings, the atmosphere, chemicals, water, and gas. As a result, in addition to particles and the native oxide film, organic molecules, water, and atomic contaminants such as chemical residue, mobile ions, and metals also attach to the wafer. Furthermore, during film formation or etching, stress occurs. The micro-roughness of the surface increases during cleaning, and some defects existing in the crystal structure are manifested.
KeywordsQuartz Peroxide Furnace Benzene Hydrocarbon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. Yabumoto: Ultra Clean Technology 4, 304 (1992) [in Japanese].Google Scholar
- Y. Matsushita, N. Tsuchiya, and M. Kageyama: Proc. 13th Ultra Clean Technol. Symp. Tokyo, 127 (1991) [in Japanese].Google Scholar
- H. Mizokami and Y. Ajioka: Trans. Inst. Electron. Inform. and Communication. Eng. J 76-C-II, 67 (1993) [in Japanese].Google Scholar
- T. Hattori: Ultra Clean Technology 5, 125 (1993) [in Japanese].Google Scholar
- B. Shuler, P. Sander, and D. A. Reed: Proc. 7th Int. Conf. Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS VII), Monterey, 851 (1989).Google Scholar
- N. Yabumoto, K. Minegishi, K. Saito, M. Morita, and T. Ohmi: Proc. 1st Int. Symp. Cleaning Technology in Semiconductor Device Manufacturing/1989, 90–9, Electrochem. Soc., Ed. J. Ruzyllo & R. E. Novak, 265 (1990).Google Scholar
- Y. Nakagawa, H. Izumi, and T. Ohmi: Proc. 19th Ultra Clean Technol. Symp. I-5, Tokyo, 41 (1993).Google Scholar
- A. Shimazaki: 1992 Int. Symp. Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology, Tokyo, 157 (1992).Google Scholar
- M. Tamaoki, K. Takase, H. Sasaki, and A. Shimazaki: Ext. Abst. 41st Jpn. Soc. Appl. Phys. 28-a-ZQ-2, Tokyo, 650 (1994) [in Japanese].Google Scholar
- T. Hattori, S. Koyata, M. Funada, and H. Mishima: Proc. 8th Workshop on ULSI Ultra Clean Technol., Tokyo, 69 (1990).Google Scholar
- N. Aoto, M. Nakamori, H. Hada, T. Kunio, I. Ishiyama, and E. Ikawa: Proc. 3rd Int. Symp. Cleaning Techology in Semiconductor Devices Manufacturing/1993, 94–97, Electrochem. Soc. Ed. J. Ruzyllo & R. E. Novak, 65 (1994).Google Scholar