Definition, Limits and Types of Metamorphism
The definition given below follows that given by the JUGS subcommission on the systematics of metamorphic rocks.
KeywordsMetamorphic Rock Regional Metamorphism Magmatic Body Contact Metamorphism Metamorphic Process
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bischoff A, Stoffler D (1992) Shock metamorphism as a fundamental process in the evolution of planetary bodies: Information from meteorites. Eur J Mineral 4: 707–755Google Scholar
- Boles JR, Coombs DS (1977) Zeolite facies alteration of sandstones in the Southland Syncline, New Zealand. Amer J Sci 277:982–1012Google Scholar
- Chopin C (1984) Coesite and pure pyrope in high-grade blueschists of the western Alps: a first record and some consequences. Contrib Mineral Petrol 86 : 107–118Google Scholar
- Coombs DS (1961) Some recent work on the lower grades of metamorphism. Austr J Sci 24:203–215Google Scholar
- Frey M, Kisch HJ (1987) Scope of subject. In: Frey M (ed) Low Temperature Metamorphism. Blackie, Glasgow, pp 1–8Google Scholar
- Holmes A (1920) The nomenclature of petrology. 1st ed. Thomas Murby, London. 284 ppGoogle Scholar
- Kisch HJ (1987) Correlation between indicators of very-low-grade metamorphism. In Frey M (ed) Low Temperature Metamorphism. Blackie, Glasgow, pp 227–300Google Scholar
- Miyashiro A (1973) Metamorphism and Metamorphic Belts. Allen and Unwin, London, 492 PPGoogle Scholar
- Newton RC (1987) Petrologic aspects of Precambrian granulite facies terrains bearing on their origins. In: Kröner A (ed) Proterozoic Lithospheric Evolution. Am Geophys Union, Geodynamics Series 17:11–26Google Scholar
- Smith RE, Perdrix JL, Parks TC (1982) Burial metamorphism in the Hamersley Basin, Western Australia. J Petrol 23:75–102Google Scholar
- Teichmüüller M (1987) Organic material and very low-grade metamorphism. In: Frey M (ed) Low Temperature Metamorphism, Blackie, Glasgow, pp 114–161Google Scholar
- Vernon RH (1976) Metamorphic Processes. Allen and Unwin, London, 247 ppGoogle Scholar
- Wise DU, Dunn DE, Engelder JT, Geiser PA, Hatcher RD, Kish SA, Odom AL, Schamel S (1984) Fault-related rocks: Suggestions for terminology. Geology 12:391–394Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1994