Complex and Integrated Human-Machine Systems: Retroflections
The proceedings of NATO Advanced Study Institutes provide invaluable data, information, and knowledge to scholars and students of a wide spectrum of theoretical and applied areas of interest. Given the educational objectives of the NATO Institutes, the proceedings represent a rich resource that can be used as reference and as texts for instruction. If this objective is to be achieved, one major task of the directors of these institutes is to assemble, assess, correlate, align, juxtapose the content of the formal presentations, deliberations and discourses in a manner that aids arriving at a synthesis of the intellectual content of the activity. The objective of this paper is to provide a method that can be used for this purpose.
KeywordsTransportation Assure Aircrafts
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bloom, B. S., et al. (1956). Taxonomy of educational objectives: The classification of educational goals. Handbook I: The Cognitive Domain. New York: David McKay Co.Google Scholar
- Gelvovani, V. A. (1984). An interactive modeling system as a tool of analyzing complex socio- economic problems (brain storming). In J. Richardson (Ed.), Models of Reality (pp. 79 ).Google Scholar
- Mt. Airy, MD: Lamond Books. Kaplan, M. (1991). Issues in cultural ergonomic. In J. A. Wise, V. D. Hopkin., & M. Smith (Eds.). Automation and System Issues in Air Traffic Control,NATO ASI Series F, Vol. 73. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Rasmussen, J. (1986). Information Processing and Human-Machine Interaction: An Approach to Cognitive Inquiry. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishing Company. Sherratt, C. S., & Schlabach, M. L. (1990). The Application of Concept of Mapping in Reference and Information Services. Reference Quarterly,pp. 60–69.Google Scholar
- Wickens, C. D. (1992). Engineering Psychology and Human Performance. Harper Collins. Wise, J. A., & Debons, A. (Eds.). (1987). Information System: Failure Analysis. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Wise, J. A., Hopkin.,V. D., & Smith, M. (Eds.). (1991). Automation and System Issues in Air Traffic Control, NATO ASI Series F, Vol. 73. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar