Concept of a FMS/ATC Air-Ground Data Link Testbed Employing an Airbus A340 Full Flight Simulator
The current situation in air transportation is characterized by an increasing traffic volume and a nonhomogeneous traffic structure. Each has a different impact on the functional units of the air traffic system. The air traffic management (ATM), in particular, seems to restrict future development in the field of air transportation.
KeywordsEurope Transportation Radar Aircrafts
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fricke, M., Wattler, A. (1992). Experimental working position simulator to analyze, develop and optimize concepts for computer-aided air traffic management. ICAS Conference. Peking.Google Scholar
- Hüttig, G. (1992). Development and evaluation of new display concepts for flight guidance and control. International Conference of the Royal Institute of Navigation—EURNAV92. London.Google Scholar
- ICAO. (1988). Special Committee on Future Air Navigation Systems. FANS/4 Report, Doc 9524. Montreal.Google Scholar
- ICAO. (1989). Description of the Concept for the Future Air Traffic Management system in the European Region (FEATS). ICAO European Air Navigation Planning Group.Google Scholar
- MDIS. (1991). The Future of ATC in Europe. Report of MDIS House. Chichester.Google Scholar
- Rottmann, U. (1990). Features & requirements for A340 FFS scientific research facility. Berlin: Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.Google Scholar