“Breathing” of Longitudinally Stiffened Steel Webs Subject to Repeated Partial Edge Loading
The aim of the first part of the Prague experimental research on web “breathing” was to look into the effect of the repeated character of patch loading on the ultimate limit state of steel plate girder webs fitted with longitudinal ribs. 80 experimental panels were tested to date, the flange size and the position and dimensions of the longitudinal ribs being varied. During the tests, the “breathing” of the girder webs under the action of a cyclic patch load, the initiation and propagation of cracks in the most heavily stressed areas of. the webs, and their influence on the “erosion” of the plastic failure mechanisms of the test girders were carefully studied. Final analysis of the data obtained made it possible for the authors to establish the limit fatigue loads, Pfat, of longitudinally stiffened steel plate girders whose thin webs are subject to a repeated partial edge load.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kutmanovâ, I. - Januâ, K. - Löwitovâ, O. - Skaloud, M.: Mezni stay gtihlych ocelovych stn zati6enych opakovantm tlakem na Usti jedné hrany. Celostâtní konference “Moderné ocelové konâtrukcie”, Bratislava (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.Janug, K. - Kutmanovâ, I. - Skaloud, M.: Nâvrh stén ocelo-vtch nosníkd namâhan$ch místnim tlakem od pohyblivého zatí- 6ení. In6entrské stavby 6. 3. (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.Kutmanovâ-Kârníkovâ, I. - Skaloud, M. - Janué, K.: Ultimate Load Behaviour of Longitudinally Stiffened Steel Plate Girders Subject to (i) Stationary or (ii) Variable Repeated Patch Loading. Fourth International Colloquium on Structural Stability, Beijing (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.Kutmanovâ-Kârníkovâ, I. - Skaloud, M. - Janus, K.: “Breathing” of Thin Webs under Variable Repeated Patch Loading. International Colloquium on Stability of Steel Structures, Budapest (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.Kutmanovâ, I. - Skaloud, M. - Janué, K. - Löwitovâ, O.: Ultimate Load Behaviour of Longitudinally Stiffened Steel Webs Subject to Partial Edge Loading. Symposium IUTAM Prague ‘80 “Contact Loading and Local Effects in Thin-Walled Plated and Shell Structures”, Prague (1990).Google Scholar