Effects of Fibre Orientations on Failure Modes of Composite Shells Subjected to Unilateral Constraints
The main purpose of the present work is to estimate maximal loads which can be carried out by laminated FRP axi-symmetrical cylindrical shells restrained by an outer rigid walls and to find optimal fibre orientations. Various failure criteria in the stress space will be applied herein in order to determine the lowest failure load for the identical fibre orientations in individual layers.
KeywordsCylindrical Shell Failure Criterion Shell Structure Fibre Orientation Local Coordinate System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.L. Pielekh and M.A. Sukhorolski, Contact problems in elastic anisotropic shells theory, Naukova Dumka,Kiev C198O in Russian).Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Tooth, W. M. Banks and D. H. A. Rahman, The specially orthotropic GRP multilayered cylindrical pressure vessels - A theoretical approach, J. Composite Str.9, 53–68 C1988 ).Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Tooth, W. M. Banks and D. H. A. Rahman, The specially orthotropic GRP multilayered cylindrical pressure vessels - The radial patch load, ibidem ,69–83.Google Scholar
- 4.C. C. Chao, C. T. Sun and S. L. Koh, Strength optimization for cylindrical shells of laminated composites,J.Comp.M.9, 71–85 C1975 ).Google Scholar
- 5.J.N.Reddy,Exact solution of moderately thick laminated shells,J.Eng. Mech.11O,794–8O9C1984).Google Scholar
- 6.K.Z. Galimov. Shell theory with transverse shear effects, I zd. Kaz. Univ., Kazan C1977 in Russian) .Google Scholar
- 7.A.Muc,Theoretical and numerical aspects in contact problems for shells, ZAMP 35,890–905 C1984).Google Scholar
- 8.J. R. Vinson,T. W. Chou, Composite materials and their use in structures, Appl.Sc.Publ.Ltd., LondonC1975).Google Scholar
- 9.S.W.Tsai, Composite design, Dayton, Think compositesC1987).Google Scholar
- 10.S. W. Tsai, E. M. Wu, A general theory of strength for anisotropic materials, J.Comp.M. 5, 58–80 (1971).Google Scholar
- 11.O.J. Hoffmann, J.Comp.M.1,2OO–214C1967).Google Scholar