Equilibrium Solutions in a Nonlinear Dispersive System with Instability and Damping
The problem of the evolution of instability waves in fluid systems has received considerable attention in recent years. One typical governing equation of such a problem is the nonlinear Schrödinger equation with complex coefficients (envelope equation) and its properties have been investigated from various aspects[1–6].
KeywordsChaotic Behaviour Unstable Mode Instability Wave Wave Evolution Cnoidal Wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. G. Drazin and W. H. Reid: Hydrodynamic stability(Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1981 )Google Scholar
- 3.J. T. Stuart and R. C. DiPrima: Proc. Roy. Soc. Lond A362, 27 (1978)Google Scholar
- 4.M. I. Rabinovich and A. L. Fabrikant: Sov. Phys. JETP. 50, 311 (1979)Google Scholar
- 14.T. Kawahara and S. Toh: Submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett.Google Scholar
- 15.S. Toh and T. Kawahara: In preparationGoogle Scholar