Finite-element Investigation of the Groundwater Basin of the Szentendre Island, Hungary
The main water supply region for Budapest, the groundwater basin of the Szentendre Island has been investigated. Contributing to the establishment of a Safe, yet economical water supply policy, simmulation modell, have been developed.
The govering equations of groundwater flow has been solved by the Galerkin-finite element method and the influence of the both categaries of boundary conditions /the essential and the natural/ and some nonlineraty of the problem has been considered.
The stage-discharge relationships of the simulation are utilized by the Budapest, Water Works in the operational policy of withdrawal.
KeywordsHydraulic Conductivity Horizontal Well Operational Policy Storage Coefficient Groundwater Basin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Coonor, J.J.-Brebbia, C.A/1977/ Finite Element Tech-Google Scholar
- niques for Fluid Flow. Newnes-Butterworths, London, 1977.Google Scholar
- Durbin T.J./1978/ Calibration of a Mathematical Model of the Antelope Valley Ground-Water Basin, California, Geological Survey Water-Supply Paper no 2046. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, 1978.Google Scholar
- Kovics Gy./1972/ A szivargis hidraulikdja. Akadémiai Kiad6, Budapest,1972.Google Scholar
- Marceuk G.I./1976/. A gépi matematika numerikus m6dszerei. ParciAlis differencialegyenletek. MUszaki KUnyvkiad6, Budapest,1976.Google Scholar