A General Program for the Solution of Non-Linear Problems in Kinematic Analysis of Mechanisms
In this paper we present a new method for the solution of some non-linear problems in plane lower-pair mechanisms.This method is based in considering the mechanism built up with binary links (bars) with revolute (R) pairs, higher order links can be formed connecting bars in such a way that no relative motion is allowed between them; prismatic (P) pairs are also considered.Four different position problems are solved in this work: initial position, finite displacement,static equilibrium and deformated position: The theorical background, software implementation and examples are presented.
KeywordsLution Nism Coupler
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Davidon, W.C. (1954) Variable Metric Method for Mi nimization. Argonne National Laboratory, ANC-5990 Rev. University of Chicago. Chicago, Ill.Google Scholar
- 2.Brat, V.; Lederer, P. (1973) KIDYAN: Computer-Aided Kinematic and Dynamic Analysis of Planar Me chanisms. Mechanism and Machine Theory, pp. 457–467.Google Scholar
- 3.Paul, B.; Krajcinovic, D. (1970) Computer Analysis of Machines with Planar Motion. Part 1-Kinematics Journal of Applied Mechanics, pp. 697–702.Google Scholar
- 4.Hall, A.S.; Root, R.R.; Sandgren, E. (1977) A Dependable Method for Solving Matrix Loop Equations for the Three-Dimensional Mechanism. Journal of Engineering for Industry, pp. 547–550.Google Scholar
- 5.Garcia de Jalon, J.; Serna, M.A.; Avilés,R. (1981) Computer Method for Kinematic Analysis of Lower-Pair Mechanisms-II: Position Problems. Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol. 16, n° 5, pp. 557–566.Google Scholar
- 6.Strang, G. (1980) The Quasi-Newton Method in Finite Element Calculations. Computational Methods in Nonlinear Mechanics. North Holland Pub. Comp.,pp. 451–456.Google Scholar
- 7.Garcia de Jalon, J.; Avilés, R.; Serna, M.A. (1980) Kinematic Analysis of Mechanisms with Matrix Struc tural Analysis Software. Engineering Software II, London.Google Scholar
- 8.Avilés, R.; Ajuria, M4.B.; Târrago, J.A.(1983) A General Program for the Optimum Synthesis of Plane Mechanisms. In this Congress.Google Scholar