Efficiency improvements for commercial vehicles through dynamic electronic horizon
It is well established that greenhouse gas emissions must be reduced to combat climate change. To realise this, many countries and regions around the world are setting greenhouse gas reduction targets. The European Union has defined a timeline for the phased reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, 20% by 2020, 40% by 2030 and 80% by 2050, all relative to 1990 levels.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- .ERTRAC, “Strategic Research Agenda – Input to 9th EU Framework Programme,” 2018.Google Scholar
- .P. Fussey, B. Porter, J. Wheals and C. Goodfellow, “Hybrid powder sources distribution management”. EU Patent EP1347887B1, 23 11 2000.Google Scholar
- .G. Paganelli, S. Delprat, T. Guerra, J. Rimaux and J. Santin, “Equivalent Consumption Minimization Strategy For Parallel Hybrid Powertrains,” in IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, 2002.Google Scholar
- .T. Keulen, M. Steinbuch, J. Kessels and D. Foster, “Energy Management in Hybrid Electric Vehicles: Benefit of Prediction,” IFAC Proceedings, 2010.Google Scholar
- .R. Varnhagen, “Electronic Horizon: A Map as a Sensor and Predictive Control,” SAE Technical Paper, Vols. 2017-01-1945, 2017.Google Scholar
- .“IMPERIUM Project,” [Online]. Available: http://www.imperium-project.eu/.
- .S. Edwards, P. Reverault, A. Trevisan, A. Banks, J. Engstrom, P. Nisius, O. Heijo, C. Peletto, A. Roccasalva and V. Strots, “CO2 reduction for truck engines: the results of the CO2RE project,” in 25th Aachen Colloquium, 10-12 Oct 2016, Session 06: Powertrains for Commercial Vehicles, 2016.Google Scholar
- .National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, “U.S. Standard Atmosphere,” 1976.Google Scholar
- .T. G. Farr, P. A. Rosen, E. Caro, R. Crippen, R. Duren and S. Hensley, “The shuttle radar topography mission,” Reviews of Geophysics, vol. 45, no. 2, 2007.Google Scholar
- .D. Krajzewicz, J. Erdmann, M. Behrisch and L. Bieker, “Recent Development and Applications of SUMO – Simulation of Urban MObility,” International Journal On Advances in Systems and Measurements, vol. 5, pp. 128-138, 2012.Google Scholar
- .A. F. Acosta, J. E. E. Oviedo and J. J. E. Oviedo, “TraCI4Matlab: Enabling the Integration of the SUMO Road Traffic Simulator and Matlab® Through a Software Re-engineering Process,” in Modeling Mobility with Open Data: 2nd SUMO Conference, Berlin, Germany, 2014.Google Scholar
- .“TRANSFORMERS Project,” [Online]. Available: http://www.transformers-project.eu/.
- .“AEROFLEX Project,” [Online]. Available: https://aeroflex-project.eu.