Formulating to meet the lubrication challenges of modern gas engines to prolong oil life and maximize engine protection
Over the past few decades the world’s population has grown considerably, and continues to do so. Combined with an overall increase in standards of living the global demand for energy has increased and is expected to continue to rise. Natural gas is increasingly being seen as one of the solutions to cater for this increased energy demand. As a fuel it is readily available, flexible and affordable.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Montgomery, D., Fiveland, S., Vijayaraghavan, S., Sivadas, H., Willi, M., “Exploration of Optimum Design Parameters for Miller-Cycle Lean-Burn Gas Engines”, CIMAC Congress 2010 (Bergen), Paper 262.Google Scholar
- 2.2 Weinrotter, M., Oregui, I., Alonso, L., Iruretgoiene, I., Perez de Larraya, D., “Progress and Development of Next Generation Ignition Systems for Guascor Gas Engines”, CIMAC Congress 2013 (Shanghai), Paper 45.Google Scholar
- 3.3 Klausner, J. Trapp, C., Schaumberger, H., Haidn, M., Lang, J., “The Gas Engine of the Future – Innovative Combustion and High Compression Ratios for Highest Efficiencies”, CIMAC Congress 2010 (Bergen), Paper 312.Google Scholar
- 4.4 Sander, U., Nenzel, S., Raindl, M., “The New MTU Type L64 of Series 4000 Gas Engines”, CIMAC Congress 2013 (Shanghai), Paper 67Google Scholar
- 5.5 Troberg, M., Portin, K., Jarvi, A., “Update on Wärtsilä 4-Stroke Gas Product Development”, CIMAC Congress 2013 (Shanghai), Paper 406.Google Scholar
- 6.6 Boewing, R., Plohberger, D., “Thermodynamic Optimisation of Three Gas Engine Families for Higher Efficiency”, CIMAC Congress 2010 (Bergen), Paper 126.Google Scholar
- 9.9 Watts, P., Adams, D., Dodd, J., Dowding, P., Doyle, A., “Meeting the challenge of new base fluids for the lubrication of medium speed marine engines – An Additive Approach”, CIMAC Congress 2007 (Wien), Paper 144Google Scholar
- 12.12 Zel’dovich, Y. A., D. Frank-Kamenetskii, and P. Sadovnikov. “Oxidation of nitrogen in combustion”. Academy of Sciences of USSR, Institute of Chemical Physics, 1947Google Scholar
- 13.13 Coultas, D., “New Insights into the Ageing Processes of Engine Oils”, UNITI Mineral Oil Technology Congress (Stuttgart), 2015Google Scholar
- 14.14 Hughes, J., Bailey, A., “Improving the Efficiency of Next Generation Gas Engines with Lubricant Formulation Choice”, CIMAC Congress 2016 (Helsinki), Paper 276Google Scholar